Thursday, January 26, 2012

I just wanna be successful.

My journey is much more than just one of weight loss. 
This journey is of life, it is ongoing and ever changing.
It is my journey to become and be the person I envision myself as. 
The very best Jennifer possible. One hundred percent of the time.

Last week the instructor of my spin class asked us all to think of a single word to represent our resolutions for the year. She said that instead of making a list of things she wanted to achieve, she picked a word to live by. A word to fall back on when all else fails, a word to motivate her to be the person she is striving to always be. As I peddled and sweat dripped down my face and onto the frame of the bike, the only word that came to mind for me was SUCCESS
 
So this year, I have challenged myself to be just that - a success, in everything I set out to do.

Speaking of spin class...finished class this morning with a very good feeling of accomplishment. I have dedicated my Tues and Thurs mornings to an hour spin class since the beginning of my journey the first week in January. I have not missed a class yet...until this morning. I woke up feeling out of sorts, and told myself I'd skip it - but would get a run in later on in the afternoon...little did I know my best friend Ashley wouldn't be taking no for an answer. She told me to suck it up, and change my clothes - we were going to be at that class.
We were, and we have the sweat stains to prove it. ;)


Having people in your life who will not accept anything but your best - sets you up to be a success. 


And in the end, you might just feel like this...








Peace and Love,


Jennifer



1 comment:

  1. Jen, i have enjoyed working out with you at the JC! Running the steps and track is slowly getting me back to a healthy life style and I admire you efforts regarding your own well being!! Keep it going!!

    Luv
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
On the journey of life. Striving to be the change I want to see in the world...and hoping to lose weight along the way!